Two Pasta recipes in a row you say… I felt inspired to create a fresher and lighter version of the hearty pasta dish I just posted. This is a low carb version with a little more protein.
I am not an advocate for low carb high protein diets, but it is true that this is extremely low in calories and very light, yet unbelievable delicious. So anybody who is in a position where they have to watch their calories this is for you.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THE VEGAN LIFESTYLE AND EAT PREDOMINANTLY WHOLE FOODS YOU DONT NEED TO WATCH YOUR CALORIC INTAKE IN ANY WAY. EAT TO NOURISH YOUR BODY NOT TO DEPRIVE IT OF ENERGY.
- 1 package of cognac noodles (0 calories)
- 2 disks of aubergine (15 calories)
- 5 cherry tomatos (15 calories)
- 1 shallot (15 calories)
- 2 cloves of garlic (10 calories)
- 3 champignons (12 calories)
- 1/4 block of tofu (88 calories) – crumbled like scrambled egg
- 1 tbsp of tomato concentrate (13 calories)
- 1/2 tsp if veggie bullion (4 calories)
- a little water
- a dash balsamic cream (10 calories)
- Arugula to top (3 calories for 1/2 cup)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Follow the instructions on the cognac noodle package and set them aside. Cube your veggies, minus the cherry tomatos which will be cooked whole and heat a frying pan on medium heat.
add a little water and mix it with the veggie bullion and tomato concentrate. Add your aubergine, shallots, garlic and tofu and cook them until the water is gone.
Then add the mushrooms and roast them in the balsamic glaze. This is the point where you could add some olive oil if you aren’t watching fat/cals, but it isn’t necessary if you are careful.
Once you are done just serve it on top of pasta with fresh ground black pepper and salt and some arugula et voila.
Top of with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Tip: Pumpkin seed oil would go great with this.